StormShield Filtration Device
The StormShield is a stormwater filter that is easily installed in either cesspits or manholes without the need for significant on-site construction.
StormShields remove the majority of gross pollutants and debris, along with suspended solids and associated particulate bound pollutants such as heavy metals, oil, grease, and nutrients.
This device is also ideal as part of a treatment train or as a pre-treatment to filtration systems and wetlands to reduce maintenance costs and increase servicing cycle times.
Advantages and Features
- High removal efficiency of gross pollutants and suspended solids
- High treatable flow rate
- Prevents pipe blockages and reduces maintenance on storm-water infrastructure by at-source capture of pollutants
- Requires no construction, allowing it to be affordably retrofitted or applied to any urban environment
- Low capital cost gross pollutant removal compared to in-line or end-of-line systems
- Ideal as part of a treatment train or as a pre-treatment to filtration systems and wetlands to reduce maintenance costs and increase servicing longevity
- Effective source treatment allows accurate identification of pollutant hot-spots and illegal discharges